Friday, August 4, 2017

"Last Word In" 10"x 20" oil plein air





This is a work I did at the Cedarburg Plein Air festival a number of years ago...doing as I often like to do...work from setting up in the water.  It is called "Last Word In" because I saw and anticipated the sun going down, looking west...and that I might be so lucky to catch sun glare beneath this small rural bridge location.

I grabbed all my gear after parking off to the side of the road, worked my way down...and with walking stick, old tennis shoes and shorts waded my in a couple trips to set up, with my Duluth pack on a nearby shore.

Hurrying to put paint out on the palette, getting the easel tripod anchored in the current with a larger rock in its apron. All the while studying the scene, deciding my course of action and palette color attack.

Once at the ready...it was literally the sun getting the last word...and I had to work decisively!  Was a lot of fun, the glory of color at that time of day's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment