Friday, August 4, 2017

A litte about my Instructionals, Videos, Materials found On Line

I retired several years ago now from the physical classroom teaching art, but I haven't given up sharing, teaching, and doing workshops.  For years I was an original staffer of the earliest of online venue virtual art communities for artists, breaking new ground really...called Wetcanvas, starting with less than 1,000 members, we had but a few forums. 





A half dozen of us worked with the then found Scott Burkett, and over time created more forums and grew the community.  The average moderator oversaw one, maybe two forums, but somehow I helped create and moderate eight forums including one of my own subforums.  The community grew to about 360,000 and about 13 years into this venture decided it was time to retire.  But, not long after I heard from the then and current owners if I would like to do some online Go To Meetings...again, a new venture...and it required my putting together PDF materials, short videos, outlines and set up in a high speed access.  Soon, I was teaching and fielding questions on Foundations and the idea that "paintings work for reasons paintings work"  Those materials in five sessions and downloads are still available doing a little search on F&W publication's North Light Shop Books, including an eBook on Landscape Painting I did (over 300 pages pdf format) and a DVD on Painting Tumbling Water in Oils...





One of the forums I pushed for, helped create and co-moderated was the Plein Air forum...and thru that I tend to believe many artists making good ground in the plein air movement today got their initial shot in the proverbial arm so to speak, encouragement...chances to share, learn and so forth.  From that I would meet artists and find invitation to travel and teach plein air workshops which I still do to this day.  We are right now planning my fifth plein air venture and workshop up into Alaska, the Homer or Kenai area.  (Stay tuned!)

The next online venture that expanded was with Artist Network University...and in its more infancy worked with experimentations in F&W developing student/instructor portals...





I made my own investment in technology, a new Mac system with Final Cut Studio Pro (digital film/video editor) and a Canon D70 DSLR camera which I use today for shooting video footage.  Invested in a lavalier clip on mic for better sound, and two very large tripod 5700k flood lights for better video shooting and painting.  But, fun came when I was invited down to Cincinnati, Ohio and put together five full long shooting days with a professional film crew my course on "Alla Prima Bootcamp- Four Weeks to Confident Painting" and it really is like a bootcamp for painters of all levels novice to advanced. Week three and four may even be not for the weak of heart...you will be pushed.  That course is now available ON Demand with ANU  (Artist Network University)



And as I'm told by admin, this course is proving to be the most popular On Demand course ANU has right now...and only $49...(on demand offers the course materials, assignments, going at your own pace, download and start any time, cheaper than the four week scheduled course that included instructor time and personal critiques)

Alla Prima Bootcamp On Demand Course 

Here too is a promo video on Alla Prima Bootcamp put together by ANU-




Also available is my On Demand course on my Unique Approach to Portrait Drawing-


 Unique Approach to Portrait Drawing





Artist Network University even put together this promo video using my video shooting...




Gumroad-



I also have my own Gumroad Page...where I have uploaded a few tutorials, video instructions made in my art studio space for a small fee...you can check out each link, pay and download.  I will be adding more video follow alongs, instructionals, teachings...and prices are subject to change...

Larry's Gumroad Page-




So, plenty of instructional stuff and growing.  If curious about my painting career and earlier history, check out my links to the right in the blog, and my Bio, links to other blogs of mine and my personal website.

And so
you are aware, I am available for workshops. 






Not so scary pulling a workshop idea together.  We've done them twice now even thru cruise ship lines! You will need about 9-12 artists that will pay half down so I make my travel airfare, and the rest paid in advance about a month prior.  I have Paypal...and the artists can pay me direct.  We just need to talk and I can help you walk thru this if you haven't done it before. 

I limit myself to how many events and workshops I will do in a given year.  I am as said earlier retired, and enjoy my grandchildren!  *smiling
 

No comments:

Post a Comment